Rapid Assessment Clinic and New Drive-Through Testing Site

1
765

The City of Long Beach, April 6, launched a Rapid Assessment Clinic to provide medical assistance to people who might otherwise feel compelled to visit an emergency room for their medical conditions.

This new Rapid Assessment Clinic will serve the Long Beach community and create much needed space in hospital emergency rooms. People who need free care can get it fast and safely. Services will include health screenings and prescription assistance.

The no-cost clinic, located at the Long Beach City College Pacific Coast Campus, will operate from 10  a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week, until further notice.

Starting April 7, a by appointment only drive-through COVID-19 testing center is available for those who need it, in an area adjacent to the Rapid Assessment Clinic. Interested individuals should visit the City’s COVID-19 testing page and answer several pre-screening questions. Testing will continue to be prioritized for individuals who are symptomatic, those who have underlying health conditions, or are 65 years or older. This testing center is a partnership with LA County and the City of Los Angeles

Test results take approximately 48 hours to process. Long Beach Health Department case investigators will call individuals whose test results are positive.

Free parking is available in the college campus parking lot near Orange Avenue, north of Pacific Coast Highway. Signage and staff will direct individuals accordingly.

The clinic is staffed by members of the Long Beach Medical Reserve Corps which consists of volunteer non-medical and medical professionals from the community, including public health professionals, doctors, nurses, medical assistants and nurse practitioners. Individuals interested in volunteering, should visit longbeach.gov/MRC.

1 COMMENT

  1. Yeah went to that drive-through facility at Long Beach Community College with myself my wife and her brother it’s been over a week we’ve been notified nothing how the test results came out so they basically just took a swab or DNA for nothing great glad I gave that up without my consent it is such a scam in the media in such a scam what they’re doing to us and taking our jobs from us and this is just another perfect example of a waste of our time when are the people going to wise up go back to work claim our country back we’re being penalized for 3% of the population that has an infection will the other 97% keep around it at home and lose everything

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.