Published on July 26th, 2012 | by RLn Staff0
POLA Announces Retail Development Opportunity
San Pedro — The Port of Los Angeles and Councilman Joe Buscaino announced a 30-acre retail development opportunity, July 26, at Ports O’Call Village in San Pedro.
The announcement for a request of qualifications initiates a search for commercial real estate developers to redevelop the San Pedro waterfront property, known as Ports O’Call Village. POLA plans to select a master developer to carry out a comprehensive redevelopment of the property and enter into a long-term lease.
The area is near recent enhancements such as the USS Iowa Battleship and marketplace, Crafted.
The Harbor Department evaluation committee will evaluate developers’ qualifications according to the following criteria:
- Project vision, organization and approach regarding the overall redevelopment.
- Relevant experience with waterfront projects.
- A record of partnering with public agencies on similar projects.
- Financial capability to implement the development plan.
- Implementation, operation and sustainability of the proposed project.
- Record of completing similar, large-scale projects on schedule.
The developer selection process is as follows:
- Pre-Submittal Meeting
- Entities planning to submit qualifications are encouraged to attend a pre-submittal meeting at the Cabrillo Marina
- Community Building located at 224 Whalers Walk, San Pedro. The meeting will be take place at 2 p.m. on Aug. 8
- Teleconference capabilities are available. Entities wishing to participate via teleconference must call (877) 848-7030. Access Code 1717478. An optional site tour following the meeting will be offered
Submission of Qualifications include:
One (1) original with six (6) copies of your response must be received on or before 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 21
Planning and Economic Development Division
ATTN: Lisa Jordan
REF: L.A. Waterfront Commercial Development
425 S. Palos Verdes St., San Pedro, CA 90731