- Reporters Desk
The Long Beach Police Department is encouraging all attendees to comply with all laws at the annual Belmont Shore Christmas Parade, which is scheduled for 6 p.m. Dec. 7.
– Allow yourself plenty of time to find LEGAL parking.
– Sidewalk areas and center medians CANNOT be reserved with personal property until 5 p.m.
– The public is also reminded that the law strictly prohibits the consumption of alcoholic beverages on public property.
– Laws regarding under-age drinking and/or possession of alcohol will also be enforced.
– Street vendors selling items without a business license are subject to citation or arrest and may have their property confiscated.
– NO dispensing of Silly String … violators may be cited for littering
– Parade goers are reminded to report any suspicious activity immediately to the nearest officer or by calling 9-1-1.
Affected streets closures and times are as follows:
– Livingston Avenue will be closed from Ocean Boulevard to Second Street at 2 p.m. for staging parade participants
– At 4 p.m., all north/south streets from Quincy to Claremont Avenues will be closed up to the immediate alleyways that run parallel to 2nd Street on both the south and north sides
– Second Street will be closed from Livingston Drive to Bayshore Avenue at 5 p.m.
– All roads should be reopened to traffic by 11 p.m.