Published on October 22nd, 2012 | by RLn Staff0
Harbor Currents–Announcements–Oct. 22, 2012
Oct. 23 New Library Hours in Long Beach With the adoption of the FY13 budget, the following changes will be implemented for the Dept. of Library Services, effective October 23, 2012: Main Library: 12 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays, 12 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 12 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Neighborhood Libraries: 12 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays, 12 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 12 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Oct. 23 Flu Vaccine ScheduleThe City of Long Beach Department of Health, with assistance from the American Red Cross, has announced the dates for the 2012 Annual Flu Clinics. This year’s walk-in flu clinics will begin on Oct. 23 through Nov.30, 2012. The clinics are for people age 60 and older and for adults ages 18 – 59 who are at high-risk for serious complications from influenza. Adults under the age of 60 who should get annual seasonal flu shots include:
- Anyone with underlying chronic medical conditions, such as heart or lung conditions, or who are immune suppressed, e.g. persons with HIV/AIDS,
- receiving cancer treatment,
- on dialysis,
- Women who will be pregnant during flu season
Caregivers of seniors or infants Adults with Medicare Part B are urged to bring their Medicare card to the clinic to receive a free flu shot. A $2 donation to offset administrative costs will be requested from people who do not have Medicare. No appointment is needed at the following sites:
- Oct. 23, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Long Beach Senior Center 1150 E. 4th St.
- Oct. 25, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., American Gold Star Manor, Spring Street at Santa Fe Avenue.
- Oct. 30, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., El Dorado Park, 2800 Studebaker Road
- Nov. 1, 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Veteran’s Park, 101 E. 28th St. (child vaccine also available at this clinic only.)
- Nov. 8, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Houghton Park Community Center, 63
No widget added yet.